Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The sports season is done or When does baseball start?

Is it me or has the entire football season seemed to have died and gone to an unnamed purgatory? I could care less about the college season. I can't name more than one guy playing in the remaining BCS game. Tim Tebow. While I have learned to love him as a player, the game doesn't iterest me much. Oklahoma? They became Big 12 champs by fate and a screwy ratings system. I hope Florida runs them into the ground.

As for basketball season. Geez. They've had the BCS system in place for years. If you aren't a top teir team to start the season then your chances are screwed. UNC loses to the 11th ranked team... in their conference. Still they end up number 3. Or Duke does nothing but win to halfwit teams and ends up second. Yeah, a lot of common sense there. Everyone needs to be ranked at zero preseason. That's the only way. Who cares anyway. If you touch a top teir player with your shirt sleeve now, they blow a foul. The difference in college ball and the NBA is in what form they get paid.

I can't wait for baseball season. At least the players in that sport go pro before getting paid.(I'm just waiting on the report on college and high school baseballers getting paid to be released.)

No comments: